Saturday, February 9, 2008

ZOMG This Sounds Awful

CelebTV.com (never heard of this site before) has posted a 17 second snippet of Madonna's new song 4 Minutes to Save the World. I really hope this is a raw and unfinished version. It's awful. What is she thinking? The leaks I've heard from this new Justin Timberlake infused album are not what I was hoping for.

Thoughts? Here's a thought -- it's absurd, and I can't really tell when Madge stops and JT starts. It sounds like Hung Up meets Me Against the Music swirled with some throwaway songs from JT's last album. And is she saying "Come on boy, I've been waiting for someone to pick up my stove?" LOL, like she's sitting around her flat in London waiting for the Sears guy.

I'm really scared this is going to be a big ol' bomb. I really hope I'm wrong about this when the album comes out later this spring.

You know me -- I'll probably love it and start making YouTube homage videos soon.

Fingers crossed!

PS I'm back and alive and well from my work trip to NYC and my annual family reunion in NOLA. PHEW.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing can be a bigger bomb for her than American Life - and look how much you loved that one!

Anonymous said...

This is what I found on mad-eyes.net:

(Madonna:)
Come on boy
I've been waiting for somebody
To pick up my stroll
(tick tock tick tock tick tock)

Pick up my stroll?!??!

Jack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

A two-part comment:

1. I don't cotton to online entertainment "news" sites that misspell (re: "Shinning Stars")

2. Let's hope the remix version turns out better...and that Timbaland is unavailable!