Monday, January 28, 2008

Start Spreading The News + Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler = One Stressed Out Virgo

Hi, dear readers. 2008 has begun, and my ability to post regularly hasn't improved. I think I get nervous. Performance anxiety or something. I hope after this next week, I'll get better at this whole blog thing. Thank you, readers, for your patience, as I work this out in my head.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I'm headed to two big trips this week. First, I'm off to the AWP Conference in New York City **insert audible of crowd of cowboys who yell "New York City??" a la a Pace Picante Sauce commercial**, where I will be presenting on arts programs that teach creative writing in schools and how to respond creatively to the challenges posed by standards-based education and the workbook diet imposed by No Child Left Behind.

Hot, right?

But, it's in New York City! I have plans to check out Mood, the fabric store from Project Runway, pinkberry, because everyone loves frozen goodness in New York City in January, and, what I'm most excited about -- a showing of Spring Awakening.

It's the b*tch of living, peeps!

I totally heart broadway musicals, so I'm basically biding time until Friday night's performance.

And then, to add to the frenzy, I'm flying from New York to New Orleans to meet the gang for my EIGHTH Mardi Gras. It has become my family reunion, and I can barely contain my excitement. I think I'd be a lot more excited if I weren't freaking out trying to figure out how to pack for two big adventures in a row.

Here's a scene from Mardi Gras 2007. Let's hope this year is even more fun!



Anyway, I will return to you, dear bloggerfriends in February with tales of adventure and excitement, I am sure.

Until we meet again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First: I know the eye should go to the toilet seat cum strand of beads 'round your neck, but I'm more interested in that "cell phone" in your pocket, wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean.

Second: Jealous! Spring Awakening is by far my raison d'etat for planning an NYC trip before the end of the year. Enjoy ya bitch. Besos!