Monday, April 21, 2008

Should I Photoblog?

I like photography a lot, but I only took one class in college. That was before the digital camera era, and I LOVED the darkroom experience, no matter that I wasn't so good at it. I wish I'd found out earlier in college that I liked photography and could have continued studying it. Oh well.

Now with digital cameras, every Tom, Dick, and Mary has a photoblog. One of my favorites is Andy Bell's Deceptive Media. By favorite, I mean, I only check out his. Any of you readers have a favorite I should know about?

So my question is this -- would any of you care to see my "art?" Ha ha. It's hard to even write that, much less believe it for myself. If I posted photos here every once in a while, would you laugh at me? Can we just keep that to quiet snickering behind my back? That would be OK by me.

And, listen, I don't need critiques or constructive criticism. I only want positive feed back. For example, you could say, "ZOMG that's the most beautiful photograph I've ever seen. I am moved."

That's appropriate.

My first attempt at photoblogging:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. Usually I don't like abstract art, but I'm finally beginning to understand the appeal of shapes.

Here is a fashion photoblog. http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/ The guy photographs everyday people on the streets. It is a pretty cool blog.

Long said...

if matty the photographer says yes, then go for it! i've told you to do this like years ago. go for it!

Anonymous said...

OK I should really start blogging now. I have to keep up! Or should I skip straight to video-blogging?