Thursday, July 31, 2008

A New R&B Sound? Me Likey

***UPDATE: According to Michelle Williams' web site, Unexpected won't be released until October. Sigh. I don't know why I thought it was coming out in August. However, Wikipedia is "reporting" that it will be released in Poland in August. Of course, Poland. She's huge there, I hear.

Dearest readers, have you noticed that a lot of new Hip Hop / R&B songs are bringing out some fun dance beats? I first noticed it with Usher's Love in This Club. It's all a little down tempo, but it's fun, and I'm sure Wacky has some great remixes for all these songs.

Here's a selection of videos for songs that seem to be following this (fun) trend. Side note: I'm very excited about Michelle Williams' new pop/dance album -- the gay rags are giving it good reviews, and with its August release date, it will tide me over until I can go out and get J Hud's new CD in September!! A fun time for new music, no?

PS: It's getting hard to find official or quality videos to embed. Anyone else noticing this? Most of these are just links. Sorry so lame.

Michelle Williams: We Break the Dawn (Hot boys alert)

Chris Brown: Forever

Ne-Yo: Closer



Usher: Love in this Club

J Hud: Spotlight

1 comment:

Wacky said...

Ne-Yo/Closer: YES!
J-Hud/Spotlight: YES, YES!
Usher/Love in Club: YES, YES, YES!!
M Williams/Break Dawn: No!
Chris Brown/Forever: No,no,no,no, forever no!!!

So you got 3 out of 5 right. Not bad. But I think you should read more Wacky to improve your score.