Thursday, February 14, 2008

Roger Clemens: Is It Worth It?

Earlier today, I tried to find online a link to how much a standard congressional hearing costs. Apparently, our Big Brother government keeps the democratic inter webs from freely posting congressional costs (or, at least, those links aren't in the top three hits on Google -- I'm not a fan of scrolling). Seriously though, I didn't find a solid answer, just people asking the same question: how much does a congressional hearing cost?

The reason I am wondering is because I really don't think Congress needs to continue hearing testimony from Roger Clemens and his former injector. Surely, our Representatives and Senators have other things they can be doing. Certainly, there are bigger issues at hand to research.

If baseball players want to shoot up so much HGH and steroids that their balls fall off, let them. I don't really care. And I don't think Congress needs to be involved. Isn't that what the Major League Baseball Commissioner should deal with?

What I do care about is this waste of time and money.

I imagine that a Congressional Hearing ain't cheap.

Senators and Reps, if you're readers here of The Pink Armageddon, take note. I have a few suggestions on areas that could use your time, money, and energy:

African AIDS Relief
Darfur
Myanmar
Investigating Guantanamo Bay and torture allegations
Spaying and Neutering Pets
Autism
Saving polar bears
Building schools in Irag and Afghanistan

It's just so absurd that Nutless Roger Clemens is making these kinds of headlines; that he's taking time away from our Congressional Representatives; that I'm spending money on this. For what purpose? What do I gain from knowing the truth? Did I send elected officials to Washington to give me a voice in these hearings? I am a better person for knowing Roger Clemens did or did not use performance enhancing drugs? Wouldn't we be a better nation if we sent our money to Africa to stop HIV/AIDS?

So, you tell me -- is it worth it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right, even some members of Congress think this is ridiculous and were smart enough to go on record saying so. Apparently it started out that certain Congressmen were asked to assist in the initial probe, which is standard practice they say, but it totally spiraled out of control at some point, although I don't know when exactly as I don't even know how to play baseball.

Rabbit Engine said...

hi jack,
I would be truly honored to have my blog name typed against the glorious magenta of your background.

I bet a lot of congressmen DO read Pink Armageddon. They're just to sissy to admit it.

cheerio!
RabbitEngine