Monday, February 11, 2008

Mud Bugs R Here

It's crawfish season, friends, and tomorrow, the gang and I are headed out for our first feast of the year. When I moved to Houston, I had no idea how Cajun everyone was. So many crawfish festivals, so many banjos, so many bottles of Tony Chachere's. I was born where mud bugs aren't eaten, so I had to be taught the fine art of chowing down. I'm not very fast or smooth at peeling all their little heads off, but I do enjoy it so. My mama would NOT be pleased. :)

It's such a fun, social event -- I love the atmosphere and the camraderie and the lack of plates. Every year, T's family takes me to the UH crawfish festival, and that's a tradition I've grown to look forward to. What is it about tearing apart a river creature that brings people together? It's probably all the beer...

Anyway, if you're in Houston and want to get down and dirrty with us cajun style tomorrow, give me a holler.

No comments: