Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tippecanoe and Tyler Too

Well, this week, I had arranged to see There Will Be No Country for Bloody Old Men. Those are the last two big Oscar movies I have yet to see before Sunday night's Gay Super Bowl.

However, the week has taken a different political turn. For those of you not here in Texas, you may not know this, but my vote has never really counted. We're such a red state that I've always been on the wrong side of the voting booth. But, with the dead heat race shaping up between Hillary and Barack, I am actually going to have a say.

So, I have to figure out *what* to say. And I'm excited to say that I'm going to my first political rallies to go find out. Tonight, T and I are headed to the Toyota Center to see Barack speak to the masses. 17,000 tickets were offered, and it's sold out. He's the new Madonna!



And, tomorrow night, I'm going to a reception to meet Chelsea (!!), who plans on telling all of us why we should vote for her mom.



I've always loved Chelsea -- she and I are the same age, and I've always thought she was super cool. I think she should run for president in 2016, and I plan on telling her that tomorrow.

I just don't know who to choose. I don't want a vote for one to be a strike against the other. Can't they just play rock-paper-scissors, pick who'll be president, and then go save the world? When the president finishes in 2016, the vice-president can just take over from him/her.



Don't make me choose! I want both!

Maybe after Wednesday evening, I'll have made a decision. If so, I'll proudly announce my endorsement here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about all of this too! Although Austin (the city) is up in arms that only 100 general tickets are available for the debate, just the fact people care so much is a good sign. Down with Republicans I say! Don't forget to vote again that night. I love the new word "primacaucus" that's been floating around CNN these days. It's about time Texas had a say in any of this!