Friday, December 7, 2007

Is "Unfascinating" A Word?

Last night, ABC aired the 93rd Annual Barbara Walter's Ten Most Fascinating People special. Apparently 2007 was a snooze for everyone. I couldn't keep my eyes open, and a show with the words "most fascinating" in the title ought to not put its viewers to sleep. Hey, at least here at The Pink Armageddon, I don't fall victim to false advertising. You can sleep through any post you like. That's my promise to you.



I digress. Barbara's lead ins were like Saturday Night Live parodies of Barbara Walters lead ins. It was a joke. Where's Rachel Dratch when you need her? Anyway, the whole show was boring and a collage of clips from other interviews she's already done. It was like a 20/20 and Oscar Special mix tape.

Kudos, though, to ABC for sneaking in the free advertising for Grey's Anatomy. Katherine Heigl? Please.

Did anyone else watch last night? No? I don't blame you.

And don't get me started on the Julia Roberts tribute from the American Cinematheque. Don't even get me started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too thought it was boring. I like how JK Rowling couldn't even bother to be interviewed.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it was so unfascinating that I, an avid TV watcher, had NO idea this was airing, and I watch ABC almost every night. Way to go ABC promo department. They obviously must've seen this stinker comin' a mile away.