Thursday, December 6, 2007

This is The Pink Armageddon

I'm late to blogging and behind the curve. But I offer to you, dear friends, the newest entry in the blogosphere: The Pink Armageddon.

Manifesto: I promise to say nothing new. I will offer no fresh perspectives. You will not learn anything here to offer to your friends or colleagues. Originality and wit will not be featured here. Mostly, you'll get clichés and old news.

There's really no reason to come here at all, unless you enjoy reading along as I blog about The Simpsons, Meryl Streep, campy videos, New Orleans, the Oscars, and me.

The origin of The Pink Armageddon: My dear friends sent me a link to a YouTube video of Liza Minnelli and the Pet Shop Boys' Don't Drop Bombs. I fell in love, and fast. Liza, in glorious Mad Max garb, takes over the future, which of course is war torn and pink. I knew then and there that I had a blog name, a blog theme, and a blog post to offer.

See for yourself (and tell me you don't fall in love, too):




When I googled the name "Pink Armageddon" to see if some other queen had stolen my inspiration, I found out that Erasure wrote a song with the words pink armageddon called "Star." It's a perfect alignment -- Liza *and* Erasure. I figure this is cosmic destiny, and so this blog is born.

I promise my next post will neither be as entertaining as this birth announcement (or as long).

Stay tuned. Or don't.

4 comments:

Long said...

Woo hoo!! Yeah, you finally took the plunge into the banal world of blogging. I can't wait to read all your un-fresh posts.

And that Liza video is just the gay bomb you needed to detonate the Pink Armageddon!

Anonymous said...

That was really nice of your friend to send you the inspiration. I hope to meet such a nice guy some day... I bet he is cute :)

Anonymous said...

Pet Shop Boys, Erasure and Liza all in a single post. Of course this is my favorite new blog!

One question: What the hell took you so long? You've been feeding me your old news and cliches for years. It's about time you shared it with the world wide web.

But seriously, I'm very happy for you and can't wait for your next installment.

And just in case someone's not familiar with the fabulousness that is Erasure's Star, here's a link to download the best remix of the song.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ynhsx1zmzz

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!